Garg Behavioral Health Insurances
To Our Dear Patients:
I want to say in advance that I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes. I really struggled and consulted with several close advisers to make this decision.
At Garg Behavioral Health, we have determined that sustainability and excellence of care are the touchstones of our practice. Unfortunately, certain insurance plans make it difficult to stay true to those values. Therefore, beginning on May 1, 2022, I no longer will be accepting insurance except those administered by Aetna (including Meritain) and Optum (including United Health Care, United Behavioral Health, United Health Care Student, and United Medical Resources).
Two Important Notes:
- If you have a PPO insurance plan other than Aetna or Optum, you can request that your insurance company reimburse you for part of the cost of visits by doing the following:
- Downloading a superbill that specifies the billing codes and dates of appointments
- Submitting the superbill to your insurance plan with a request for “out of network” reimbursement for the sessions.
- To maximize our commitment to providing adequate time for all visits, the following codes will be used:
- 90792 (90-minute initial evaluation)
- 99213, 99214, 99215 (15-minute med check, depending on complexity)
- 90836, 90838 (45-60 minutes of add-on psychotherapy, depending on duration).
- For those current or new patients without Aetna or Optum plans, the cost of an initial evaluation (90 minutes) will be $400. The cost of a follow-up (60+ minute session) will be $250.
- Please contact me at email@example.com you have any questions.
I truly apologize for any potential disruption this new policy may cause. And I would be happy to talk directly with you about it further.